Avigilon Appearance Search claims that it "sorts through hours of video with ease, to quickly locate a specific person or vehicle of interest across an entire site, or multiple sites." But does it really save time compared to typical search?
To find out, we tested these claims and others, examining:
- Is it faster than searching through footage on a normal VMS using timeline or thumbnail search?
- Is searching by specific colors accurate?
- How accurate it is in full light, low light, and IR?
- Does it accurately classify age and gender?
- Are vehicles accurately classified and searched?