This 20-page guide explains the key uses, design factors, and players in the Airport Surveillance market.
A global group of 40 integrators and consultants with airport project experience responded, each offering insights in selling, implementing, and maintaining airport video surveillance systems.
This is a continuation in our vertical specific survey series. Others include:
In this survey, we share insights on these aspects of airport surveillance systems:
(1) Most Common Camera Locations
(2) PTZ vs. Fixed Cameras Usage
(3) Most Common Camera Manufacturers
(4) Most Common VMSes Deployed
(5) Video Analytics Usage / Obstacle
(6) Hardwired vs Wireless Networking
(7) Storage Types Selected
(8) Common Camera Resolutions
(9) Most Common System Integrations
(10) Primary Surveillance Goals
(11) Primary System Users
(12) Sources of Purchase & Maintenance Funding
(13) System Specifications Writers and Issues
(14) Biggest Surveillance Improvement Needed
Inside we examine each question in depth and provide the key findings their answers revealed about how Airports buy and operate video.