In the past year, ADT has switched a significant number of its technicians from being paid on a project basis to an hourly basis, IPVM has confirmed from speaking with numerous employees impacted. The critical element for many was that this change effectively resulted in a significant pay decrease, with many saying 40% (or more) effective pay decline.
In this note, we:
- Explain traditional per-project / job pay for residential security
- Look at tech comments from the Facebook post
- Delve deeper into de facto pay cuts and unfair expectations with new interviews
- Look at the difference between hourly and by project
- Examine legal ramifications given changes to subcontractor regulations