Axis newest door station, the A8207-VE, claims to deliver "video surveillance, two-way communication, and access control" in a single device. But how well does each of these perform?
The video in the unit tested disappointingly bad in low light, but was solid in daytime. The intercom functions tested reliably and well, but the integrated access reader is a mixed verdict - high security OSDP works well, but the reader only partially reads common smartcards.
We bought and tested a A8207-VE to see how it works.
In this report, we evaluate and test the following:
- System strengths & weaknesses
- Video performance, including Lightfinder
- Device pricing compared to competitors
- What A8207-VEs offer that Axis 2N Verso does not
- Axis free software and mobile app functions
- Access control integration
- HDMI output for hotspot monitors
- ONVIF and Direct Driver VMS integration
This test expands IPVM's intercom test series including Zenitel's Vingtor-Stentofon, Axis mullion door station, Axis 2N Verso and Hikvision's door station. Look for an upcoming shootout this fall.