Rhombus E2 Environmental / Vape Sensor Tested
Rhombus has released new firmware for its E2 environmental sensor, claiming vape and air quality detection in addition to the temperature and humidity in their previous E1 sensor. How does it compare to Halo or Verkada?
We purchased and tested the Rhombus E2 Environmental sensor to see how it performs, examining:
- What environmental conditions are measured, and how accurate are they?
- Did pollutants, chemicals, and smoke trigger alerts?
- How does Rhombus E2 compare to the previous generation Rhombus E1?
- How does Rhombus E2 compare to other sensors?
- How did vape detection perform?
- What methods can be used to circumvent detection?
- What issues and limitations were found with installation?
- How accurate are Temperature and Humidity readings?