Despite being one of the most popular credentials, 125 kHz credentials are easily copied and insecure as we showed in our test results, video embedded below:
However, changing to more secure credentials is not always a clear path, and doing it can cost thousands of dollars for even smaller systems.
In this guide, we cover the most common migration paths and examine the pros and cons of each, so you can help choose the best path forward.
This guide covers:
- The 3 Most Common Migration Paths
- Pros & Cons of Each Method
- Biometrics Option
- HID Global Formats More Costly
- 13.56 MHz Read Ranges Shorter
- Changeover Cost Is The Biggest Factor