How Tasers / Conducted Energy Weapons Work
Law enforcement's use of "conducted energy weapons" (CEW) has grown significantly. These devices, commonly called Tasers, based on the trademark of the most widely used provider, Axon (Taser) have become a major part of crime fighting, raising public scrutiny of their use.
How do tasers / CEWs work and what danger, if any, do they pose?
In this 23-page tutorial, we review the history of tasers, how they work based on the review of scientific papers and patents, the state of the market, and other topics including:
- Widely Used By Police
- Operating Principle
- Propulsion Mechanism
- Electricity Tasers
- Battery Powered
- Taser Shocks And Human Body
- Taser Shocks And Heart
- Deaths And Injuries From Tasers/CEW
- Law Enforcement Taser Vs Civilian Taser
- Taser Vs Stun Gun
- Law Enforcement Tasers Vs Civilian Self-Defense Tasers
- Legal To Have A Taser / CEW Generally