John Honovich
Nov 10, 2017
IPVM
(1)
(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Nov 12, 2017

Don't forget the window etching and the anti-rust undercoat.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #2
Nov 12, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Are there still any vintage 2011’s available?  

That year was prolly a bumper crop for Arecont refurbs...

(4)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Nov 13, 2017

Most of them are probably brand new cams that were DOA on the test bench...

Mark Espenschied
Nov 13, 2017

Umm... not sure of the significance of "presented without comment." Isn't the story here that Arecont Vision is selling cameras direct?

Brian Karas
Nov 13, 2017
IPVM

They are selling direct to SI's though. What is the concern?

Mark Espenschied
Nov 13, 2017

I thought the choice for manufacturers in our industry is that you either sell through distribution or you sell direct ("...and never the twain shall meet").

Brian Karas
Nov 13, 2017
IPVM

No, that is not correct. Several manufacturers sell both direct to integrators (not end-users) and also through distributors. There are pros and cons to both methods, for both the manufacturer and the integrator.

However, concerns arise when either the manufacturer or distributor sells product direct to an end user without an integrator involved.

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #4
Nov 13, 2017

Nothing particularly new here.  This has been an option for years, although previously I had to run it through a distributor which always seemed a bit of a hassle.  Not sure what this sales process specifically is.  We have used them for one off out of warranty replacements and service inventory.  None had issues/problems that required additional service so it worked for us.

JH
John Honovich
Nov 13, 2017
IPVM

So I guess a 'comment' is needed. My point was why in the world would you buy used cameras from a company who has a history of QA and reliability problems? Nobody says, "Yeah their new stuff tends to break, but used, it works well."

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Nov 13, 2017

strangely enough we see a lower failure rate with refurbished seagates than we do with the new ones...

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #5
Nov 13, 2017
I'm not aware of a major security distributor that will carry B stock. While that could consist of "open box" and never used, it could also consist of warranty repaired, out of warranty (old stock) etc. I could see the need for a dealer to buy B stock and use it for repairs of leased gear, demo room assets, evaluation units for customers and a host of other requirements. Now if the topic was "Why would you buy repaired Arecont?"
(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions