Subscriber Discussion

Write An Essay To Get A Free Security Robot For 2 Years From Knightscope.

MM
Michael Miller
Mar 20, 2018

Dear Students,

Thank you for your leadership in helping better secure our nation’s schools. To match other generous gifts, Knightscope will be donating $500,000 worth of its services over a 2-year period to a large campus school anywhere in the United States that sends us a compelling essay on how our autonomous security robots could help in a school setting.

Proposals may be sent on or before April 20, 2018 to me directly at -------. Let’s work together on a solution while the “adults” keep bickering.

Corporate sponsors are strongly encouraged to match us. Knightscope will partner with corporations prepared to make a similar financial contribution and brand the security robots accordingly at additional schools. Help show our kids that their safety is the key to our future.

Knightscope to Donate $500,000 to Secure Schools

JH
John Honovich
Mar 20, 2018
IPVM

Technically it's 4 robots, assuming $500,000 over 2 years with robots retailing for $60,000 or so per year.

Btw, I am doing a post about this later today, more on the #neveragain angle of the promotion.

U
Undisclosed #1
Mar 20, 2018

They're actually $6500.00/mo base plus $500/mo for all the add ons... I would estimate they are in the $100K/yr now.

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Mar 20, 2018
IPVM

You're right! Good point.

I was just reading the 2018 investor's update, which has a section on that:

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Mar 20, 2018

That’s a pretty expensive marketing campaign.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Mar 21, 2018

That’s a pretty expensive marketing campaign.

Knightscope has burning money down to a science.  They're likely hoping the robots burn up social media with kids posting about them.  It's very likely that will happen but as seen before social media and Knightscope aren't exactly the best of friends.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions