IPVMU Certified
(1)
JH
John Honovich
May 15, 2017
IPVM

I added a poll for you.

Also, here is their 2016 financial results:

Bad news revenue is flat, good news losses were stemmed, bad news R&D expenses were cut.

The tough thing for IndigoVision is how do they regain momentum? It's been more than 5 years since the turmoil of their CEO's ouster. And, the plus side is that they have hanged in there; the negative side is that they have become marginalized.

Related, Karas profile on them last year: IndigoVision Going Head-To-Head Against Milestone, Genetec

(1)
(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
May 17, 2017

Two people have reached out to me in the past few weeks asking my opinion on these guys. Both of them are quite solid. Indigo might just be barking up a few of the right trees. 

U
Undisclosed #1
May 18, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Indigo, Arecont, or even Geo;

I'd work for any "Vision" except for Hik...

(3)
Gary Tryon
May 18, 2017
ReddWare

I am glad I Upgraded.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
May 18, 2017
IPVMU Certified

I am glad I Upgraded.

Make sure to keep your SUP current ;)

(1)
(3)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #3
May 18, 2017

When one changes from one VMS supplier/manufacturer to another and the two are not unlike, you wonder what the reasons are. If you fall out with your superiors or the direction the company has taken doesn't meet your requirements for example, does that suddenly mean that the product you were selling is no longer 'the best' but suddenly that other company you have been competing with has a much better product. Ok, not the best English but I'm sure you catch my drift. Its a bit like watching a soccer player score a goal and kiss the crest of his club on his shirt. But when the rival team offers him 50K a week more his kisses that crest the next season when he plays for them. It's all a bit superficial imo.

(1)
Brian Karas
May 18, 2017
IPVM

But when the rival team offers him 50K a week more his kisses that crest the next season when he plays for them. It's all a bit superficial imo.

There are a lot of ways to look at situations like this, but I would say, if you think your employer (any employer) has any loyalty to you beyond your ability to generate sales, you might want to reconsider things. 50K a week, or a year, more is going to motivate a lot of savvy sales people (all other things being roughly equal).

In Gary's case, he was running one of Avigilon's largest regions in North America. That means a lot of people said "yes" to him, but by the nature of sales, you can't win 'em all, which means a lot of people said "no" also. Switching jobs, to any other product, gives an opportunity to go back to the "no's" and offer them something else.

I don't know who Gary plans to target, or if IndigoVision is going to help him win any of those previous "no's", but I wouldn't blame someone for wanting a change of product and a new challenge.

(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #3
May 19, 2017

I agree with that Brian. A new product will open doors that might previously have been or remained shut and Gary is seasoned enough to have his strategy right, I have no doubt about that. Yet he is also an exception to the rule imo. The fact that he states he 'upgraded' should be received as 'tongue in cheek' as he knows he had a great product available to him which enabled him to do all the good things he did for his previous employer.

To often however I see guys dismissing a product an then rapidly change their mind as money talks.

The 50k was taken from the soccer realm obviously ;-)

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions