JH
John Honovich
Nov 02, 2016
IPVM

Vote below / comment inside:

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Nov 02, 2016

This is just personal experience, not gospel. I know several people who started working a Dahua within the past 6-12 months. None of them left a good job to go there - they were all caught up in layoffs and unemployed. I'm not sure there are many people actively and successfully working for a major established manufacturer who would consider leaving to go to Dahua. Dahua (and Hik) seems to be a bit of a lifeboat for good people in bad places right how.

(2)
(1)
U
Undisclosed #2
Nov 02, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Dahua (and Hik) seems to be a bit of a lifeboat for good people in bad places right how.

Well its the least they could do, since they're the reason they ended up in the water anyway :)

(2)
(7)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Nov 07, 2016

My logic here is kind of selfish. I have held positions that required security clearances and most likely will again in the future. I did not want to deal with all of the crazy questions that could be generated by working for a Chinese company.

(1)
(1)
JS
Jeffrey Stephens
Nov 07, 2016

They make great Product!

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Nov 07, 2016

I don't care if they make cameras that spit money at you, this was about working for them not buying them. The line of questioning that would bring up for a security clearance would suck in all sorts of ways. No thanks!

U
Undisclosed #2
Nov 07, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I don't care if they make cameras that spit money at you...

For me, it would depend on how much and how fast...

(1)
(3)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions