Would You Take A Job At Bosch?

JH
John Honovich
Apr 25, 2017
IPVM
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Apr 25, 2017

I voted yes because Bosch is a solid company overall and I never heard anybody say "I have had terrible experiences with Bosch" or "the product is failing"

However, I don't think they are releasing a lot of new product on the camera side so I worry about their perceived lack of innovation in the surveillance space. 

related: Bosch Favorability Results 

With a 20% net favorability rating, they fared pretty well in the favorability series and quality and reliability were highly mentioned as seen below:

• "The breadth and high quality of the product line. We install it once and never have to go back which helps us as well."
  • "Dependable, long history of a quality product."
  • "Great cameras with a lot of options. A fan of their analytics, and are certified with all major VMS platforms. Bosch themselves have a horrible VMS, but I just steer clear of that and focus on their cameras."
  • "Bosch has a decent product line up, and from my experiences with them a reliable product."
  • "Bosch, has a reputable brand name and solid engineering. Slightly overpriced however."
  • "Cameras have bigger form factor but have had good reliability over a longer period of time. Only use on higher end and government jobs due to higher price point."
  • "The overall camera quality is good to very good and their starlight cameras impress me, although that comes at a price. The BVMS on the other hand is as bad as any other incumbent who tried to bring the old analog matrix systems and interface into the IP world."
  • "Except the VMS all products are excellent.
(1)
(1)
(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Apr 25, 2017

Absolutely, great place to work, great people, product is amazing!  Strong management team that really knows how to motivate and energize a sales force.  It's a big charitable foundation just trying to help the world.

"gib mir die Koolhilfe bitte"

(1)
(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #3
Apr 25, 2017

Possibly.  They would have to pay pretty well for me to get into the race to the bottom.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #4
Apr 26, 2017
IPVMU Certified

They would have to pay pretty well for me to get into the race to the bottom.

At least you'd be starting at the top :)

(1)
(2)
UI
Apr 28, 2017

I was kidding, as a former employee I resigned and haven't looked back.

The German translation is Drink the Kool-Aid or something like that.

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #5
Apr 28, 2017

Their VMS software has issues and weaknesses, but as a former employee I say I would take a job, I like challenges.

They need to improve their support team, by the way.

(2)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #6
Apr 28, 2017

Would you put them above or below Pelco on the desirability to work for scale?  I ask because both were once prominent in my area, both had decent product but both have horrible VMS at this point in time.  To me they seem very similar though Bosch does have a lead in analytics.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #5
Apr 29, 2017

I see more potential in Bosch as they are working in connection with their other businesses like cooperating with their automotive business in video analytics development for self driving cars or smart cities and smart home solutions. See the BoschConnected devices and solutions on their website.

(1)
MC
Marty Calhoun
Apr 28, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Sure, but only if HIKVISION bought the security division!

(3)
UI
Apr 28, 2017

Would you go to Germany for them?

UI
Apr 29, 2017

Bosch would have to change all of their specifications, guides, and accessories info to:

(2)
(1)
UI
Apr 29, 2017

Easily the most transparent website possible for a shadowy government owned, government managed company.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #4
Apr 29, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Sure, but only if HIKVISION bought the security division!

Totally agree.  

Adding elite, top-of-the-line products from BOSCH and their associated stellar support to Hik's already undisputed dominance in the commodity market would be a great move for them at any price.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #8
May 12, 2017

Do Bosch manufacture or is it all OEM?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #7
May 12, 2017

We do a lot of National accounts and we have seen the quality of some of the covers, casings, screws, and minor items used in the new products has gone down hill.

using more inferior products in the assembly of the product.

but they have to make a product and still compete , keeping the numbers up. 

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #9
May 15, 2017

No, Bosch continues to fall short in almost every way. Their intrusion platform hasn't been updated since they bought radionics. Their VMS is overly complicated and cumbersome to use. Their access control is mediocre at best. Tech support isn't good. They don't listen to their dealers and refuse to design end-user friendly UI's. They do have great video analytics, but to my knowledge, they don't work with most VMS's well.

If I knew Bosch would listen to myself and their dealers, and stop engineering everything in Germany, and bring in a few snowflake engineers from a liberal college in the USA. I would consider it. 

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions