UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Sep 29, 2016

Three years ago, yes. Today, no thanks!

(2)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Sep 29, 2016

They treat their customers or potential customers like they're beneath them and it doesn't seem to be a team environment which is probably the reason Avigilon has a revolving door of employees.

(1)
(5)
U
Undisclosed #3
Sep 29, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Is the COO spot still unfilled?

Eagle Eye is a nice place to work and all, but I'm looking for someplace with a little more aggressive sales plan.

(4)
EP
Eddie Perry
Sep 30, 2016

I would if i was CEO and had full control, other than that it needs to fail so some one can pick it up n the cheap and make better on it.

or it could be Hikvisons foot in the door in the US

(2)
U
Undisclosed #3
Sep 30, 2016
IPVMU Certified

...or it could be Hikvisons foot in the door in the US

I think Hik has got one foot in the door already, this would be more like their... big ol' other foot :)

(2)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #4
Sep 30, 2016

I had an offer to join Avigilon at one point. My concern at the time was their executive management turnover and generally negative staff reviews. The race to the bottom was just beginning as well.

I really do like their product: reasonably priced, the VMS is great and easy to use, the RSMs are responsive and helpful, training is free (side note: Milestone WTF), and they have some of the better analytics in the industry. It is something I can sell easily. The potentially toxic culture was just too much of a concern.

(2)
(1)
(2)
JH
John Honovich
Oct 03, 2016
IPVM

Interesting split - 71% of manufacturers voting say no to a job at Hikvision, more than double the 34% of integrators voting no.

This is far out of line with the Axis and Hikvision results where integrator and manufacturer voting was much closer. Also, the 71% of manufacturers voting no on Avigilon is even higher than the 61% saying no to Hikvision.

(2)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #5
Oct 03, 2016

Nope,

career is based on reputation

Gabriel Perez
Oct 03, 2016

Yes I think I would. I have a couple of good friends that work there.

Gabriel Perez
Oct 03, 2016

Yep.

Timothy Howell
Oct 03, 2016
IPVMU Certified

In this years integrator surveys I recall Avigilon doing quite well in several categories. They must be doing something right...

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #4
Oct 03, 2016

This is just my speculation:

I think that the immense pressure exerted by Avigilon management on the sales personnel is unprecedented in comparison to the rest of the industry. I believe this may be due to the drive to hit the previously boasted run rate. As an integrator this means I can call at 7 am or 9 PM and get a hold of my sales representative without issue, or get a call back shortly after. This is wonderful for me and a big reason I like the product. On the flip side of that, if I was a sales person at Panasonic, Pelco, Milestone, or some other company where the atmosphere is lower pressure I would view that as quite a negative.

Or, maybe I just have a darn good sales rep.

JH
John Honovich
Oct 04, 2016
IPVM

In this years integrator surveys I recall Avigilon doing quite well in several categories. They must be doing something right...

Tim, yes, the product competitively is still strong.

For Avigilon, the problem has been more internal culture / management / turnover, related Avigilon COO Schmode OUSTED. They continue to have a lot of turnover and are trying to figure out how to stabilize things in the face of high growth demands.

(3)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions