Subscriber Discussion

IVMS-4200 Audio Works Live But Not On Playback

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jul 13, 2017

I have a hikvision oem NVR with some hikvision cameras. I enabled audio in the image settings, and if I toggle the audio on in IVMS-4200 while watching the live video I hear the sound. But by playback, there is no audio. Am I missing something else I need to toggle?

My google skills are not helping that much.

Thank you

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Jul 13, 2017

What did you connect the microphone to?  Many small NVR's like this (not DVR) have an audio in/out that is for live only, no recording. 

(1)
U
Undisclosed #3
Jul 13, 2017

Yes, usually NVR's own audio in and out are just used for Two-way Talk (live only).

If you want to hear the audio in the recorded video. Normally you need to make sure the IP camera that you connected support audio input and you connect a mic to it.

Then make sure on the NVR's encode setting you enable the audio recording too.

UI
Jul 13, 2017

The camera itself has an audio input. When I use the same cameras with Avigilon, the audio is saved 

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Jul 13, 2017

A little more specifics would be helpful.  

What I know now is you have a OEM HIK recorder using 4200 Software and an audio microphone connected that provides live audio but not playing back audio on the OEM but works with Avigilon.

Is the audio source built in to the camera, wired to the NVR or wired to the NVR?

Is the camera connecting via ONVIF or native to the NVR and Avigilon?

Are you playing back the video at the NVR or exporting and playing back?  

UI
Jul 13, 2017

I am using this camera: http://www.ltsecurityinc.com/ip-network-dome-camera-cmip3142w-28s.html

It has a built in microphone. In the camera itself you can enable video or video and audio output. I enabled audio output.

With the Avigilon, it is using onvif protocols with the Hikvision NVR, it is plugged directly into the NVR. 

In 4200, if I right click on the video and enable audio I hear audio from it. But in playback, it doesnt play back audio.

I dont see where to select on the NVR to record audio vs just video.

Thank you

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #4
Jul 13, 2017

go to about 6:35 mark

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #4
Jul 13, 2017

I'm guessing it's  a menu setting in the NVR.  Make sure you have record audio checked for the camera.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions