Subscriber Discussion

Wireless Standalone Camera Options?

U
Undisclosed #1
Jul 31, 2017

Anyone have any suggestions on out door rated standalone cameras that are battery operated? Standalone as in, not connected to a standard VMS. I am open to both central storage and onboard storage, but enough to hold 24 hours of video. Looking for cameras that can easily and rapidly be deployed on convention booths or other temporary deployments. I would even be good with setting up an

I have looked through other discussions and test, but haven't found a good solution yet.

Some examples;

Arlo - Needs internet access

Blink - Not enough storage

Camscura Pro - not out door rated

Vimtag - possible solution

Thanks!

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Jul 31, 2017
IPVM

#1, we just covered this company - Startup Strops Completely Wireless Surveillance Camera Examined. Not sure it fits for you but adding it to your list.

Chris Anderson
Aug 01, 2017

Hello,

My company specializes outdoor/standalone camera systems and typically configure products to requirements.  Our product is geared for government law enforcement, which can give you an idea of our design standards. We specially configure systems for lower power consumption when used in scenarios that you describe. As long as your technical requirement align with what's realistic for a battery based solution (more features usually equal more power consumption) we can likely spec something for you no problem.

You can checkout my company webpage at obsidianintegration.com to get an idea of the types of solutions we offer.  If you'd like to chat more please let me know

Chris Anderson

cr
chris reeves
Aug 11, 2017

Arlo Go - obviously.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions