Subscriber Discussion

Wireless Panic Button Recommendations

PT
Patrick Taylor
May 20, 2013

Does anybody know of a relatively low cost pushbutton wireless transmitter/reciever that can be used in conjunction with the auxilliary input on a camera to implement a panic button function?

Ethan Ace
May 20, 2013

I've used Seco-Larm's RF wireless for remote door releases in the past, and it should work for this. It's about $15 for a pendant/keychain, and $25 for the receiver.

My only concern about Seco-Larm is that it's not supervised, which would be preferable for a panic button, so you get low battery and status indications. In that case, I've used Linear's DXS wireless, but it's pricier, about $25 for a pendant, and about $60-70 for the receiver.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jul 16, 2015

Bumping because I have a similar but slightly different project. Have a government office in a historical building. Need about 4 panic buttons for the staff at various desk locations. Need them to feed to a receiver downstairs wirelessly. Downstairs, I need to have some kind of alert notification: strobe, perhaps buzzer, etc.

Would the Linear products work for this as well, you think?

Michael Silva
Jul 16, 2015
Silva Consultants

I have used Linear (now Nortek) products for years to put together the type of panic alarm system that you are describing.

Inovonics also makes a complete line of wireless panic products, including multichannel (4, 16 or 32 channel) receivers with built-in display and reset button. Add a sounder and you have a nice user interface on the receiving end.

(1)
Ethan Ace
Jul 16, 2015

I sometimes forget about Inovonics. At my last job we did a wireless panic system for a nursing home with their transmitters and receivers, interfaced to the nursecall system. From what I remember, it worked quite simply and well.

They also have fixed buttons and billtraps if those are preferred to mobile.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions