Subscriber Discussion

Wireless Backhaul 4 Sites, 1 With 7 Cameras

JS
John Saunders
Mar 26, 2017
IPVMU Certified

I am designing a distributed CCTV surveillance system with multiple sites, requiring wireless comms between sites. Three sites have one camera each, one has 7 cameras. All need to report to the main location where the VMS will be located.  Assuming about 3-6 MBPS per camera, connecting to a local switch. Although no LOS to the main VMS location, I have LOS from a centrally located tower, that can "see" all sites. Intent is to use that point as a relay. I am looking at Fluidmesh, Ubiquiti. Any others? Comments on what I have laid out? Thanks.

MC
Marty Calhoun
Mar 26, 2017
IPVMU Certified

We  deployed a system with 36 cameras, over a large area split into 4 sites, we used a DLINK 121028P switch at each site and all ended up being visible from one main monopole antenna. We used the UBIQUITI NANO and experienced no issues, and it has been 3 years and it still runs like a champ.

(3)
MM
Michael Miller
Mar 27, 2017

All of the major wireless manufacturers will work for this you just need to decide if you want support/design help or not.  You will not get support from UBNT but it will work and once you have experience with their products is gets much easier to deploy.  Fluidmesh makes great gear but it is hard to justify the price once you know how to deploy and manage UBNT gear.  If I was in the Fluidmesh price range I would recommend Siklu Wireless as you will get more bandwidth for your money and Siklu is super easy to deploy and manage. 

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions