Subscriber Discussion

How To: Wireless Backhaul Of 15 HD-TVI Hikvision DVRs

CM
Carmelo Mayo
Nov 16, 2014

I have an upcoming project wherein i need to integrate in 1 location or control office around 15 units of HD-TVI HIKVISION DVR located in different locations more or less 200meters to 500meters away to the prospective control office location. I need suggestions on how i will do this using wireless devices. And what type of device or machine should i be using to receive all those video signals for CMS in the control office or security office. Thank you!

JH
John Honovich
Nov 16, 2014
IPVM

Do you know how much bandwidth those Hikvision DVRs will consume when transmitting up / out to the control office? It could vary substantially depending on how many cameras you expect to be viewed simultaneously, what resolution, fps, etc. Knowing this is pretty fundamental because we need to understand if the wireless link has to accomodate 1Mb/s, 10Mb/s, 50Mb/s per DVR, etc.

How many buildings are you dealing with? Are the 15 DVRs in 15 separate buildings or in just a few buildings?

Are you planning to put radios / antennas on the roof of each building?

Some consideration / answers to those would help us give more detailed recommendations.

CM
Carmelo Mayo
Nov 16, 2014

Thanks john, Yes, the 15 DVRs are in separate buildings which is around 200m-500m away to the proposed control office location. Actually the area is a plantation and resort at the same and so consideration of trees and bushes and lots of obstruction is also necessary. The DVRs and corresponding cameras will be installed in those different locations like, coffee shop, pavilion, pool area, cottages, kitchen, recreation hall...etc. which are also around 100m-200m away from each other.

We're planning to put antennas on the roof of each locations or we will be obliged to put a steel tower if the roof will not be enough for the height of the antenna.

Thanks again.

AL
Andy Loo
Nov 17, 2014
Fluid Mesh may have a solution for you.
CM
Carmelo Mayo
Nov 19, 2014

sir john or any integrator,

Just wanted to follow up on this thread, any more suggestions?

Thank you!

JH
John Honovich
Nov 19, 2014
IPVM

Carmelo, You want to have 15 sites all transmitting back to one site, then?

Also, have you figured this out: Do you know how much bandwidth those Hikvision DVRs will consume when transmitting up / out to the control office? That's a key factor in sizing the system here.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions