Subscriber Discussion

Winner Of The Most Bizzare Name In Security - Joebartonwouldliketoapologize.Com

U
Undisclosed #1
Aug 06, 2016
IPVMU Certified

joebartonwouldliketoapologize.com is apparently a real security web site with an active blog.

Joe Barton, on the other hand, is a Senator who had to apologize several years ago after saying that the Obama Administration was doing a "shakedown" oil spiller extraordinaire BP.

Though no mention is made of that on the web site.

This name seems idiotic, but perhaps I missing something, anyone?

Brian Rhodes
Aug 06, 2016
IPVMU Certified

The blog embeds an MXInstaller (mobotix shill) video.

U
Undisclosed #1
Aug 06, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I guess that's what the apology is for. :)

JH
John Honovich
Aug 06, 2016
IPVM
Marty Major
Aug 06, 2016
Teledyne FLIR

Agree it's a bizarre name.... disagree it's a real security site with an 'active' blog.

That blog 'story' is a fluff piece that doesn't say anything beyond the obvious - nor does it appear to be affiliated with any specific vendors security offering.

I've seen hundreds of sites like these that do not appear to have any real purpose by themselves.... so I assume that someone must be able to use them in aggregate to perform some kind of SEO voodoo.

U
Undisclosed #1
Aug 06, 2016
IPVMU Certified

You may be right, it maybe it's just for SEO. But it is 'active', at least in the sense that the blog entry is only a couple of weeks old.

Also, generic as it may be, this first and only blog entry appears to be original, and understandable (meaning not synonym swapped), which is more than I can say for a lot 'real' security companies.

maybe he's gonna change the name when he's ready or maybe it's, like you say, some 'independent' site to provide back links to other sites. Still I think he's gonna have to do better than Joebartonwouldliketoapologize to drive traffic there.

Marty Major
Aug 06, 2016
Teledyne FLIR

https://web.archive.org/web/*/joebartonwouldliketoapologize.com

someone created and used the domain from 2010-2012 to post snarky comments such as these:

...then they stopped and the site has since been shopped around by various cheap name domain sellers. It's current form was not there back in March of 2016.

It's internet rubble.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Aug 06, 2016
IPVMU Certified

probably grabbed it from memecheap.com after a bitter bidding war. :)

U
Undisclosed #1
Oct 07, 2016
IPVMU Certified

ok, this one might be worse

http://www.ass-assecurity.com/tvcc_telecamere_led-array.e.htm

RS
Robert Shih
Oct 07, 2016
Independent

Sounds like a great brand for prison installations!

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Nov 04, 2016
IPVMU Certified

We have another candidate, Achilles Heel Security!

Extra points for including the ASS acronymn, like the last one.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions