Subscriber Discussion

Will A Bosch Analog PTZ Work With Hikvision Turbo DVR?

PC
Peter Casey
Aug 23, 2017

Has anyone used a Analog Bosch PTZ with a Hikvision Turbo DVR and still have all PTZ functions? 

JH
John Honovich
Aug 24, 2017
IPVM

Peter, do you know which Bosch PTZ model? We'll ask both parties but knowing the model will help get a better response.

PC
Peter Casey
Aug 24, 2017

I know its a G3A series. Trying to get Model number from one of my guys and will update as soon as I get a response. To my knowledge picture is fine but can NOT get PTZ function to work. Just curious before we waste any further time/money. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Aug 24, 2017

It has been a decade or so but with Bosch PTZ cameras (E.g. Envirodome, Autodome) you can usually flip between their biphase rubbish and Pelco D/P protocol fairly easily.  If reaching the camera is difficult Sennetech makes a ton of useful converters to more commonly acceptable protocols.  Also, when trying to convert Bosch cameras I found their addressing was sometimes different than it actually was in the dome.  I cannot remember if it was the zero address being one or vice versa but if you have an address of say 10 I would try 9 and 11 to be certain.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Aug 24, 2017

All the features is not possible.  

However it will talk Pelco P and Pelco D.  It auto determines the format as I recall.  RS232/485 with termination  

You can assign PRESETS to do some of the AUX commands, but there are limitations as it does not work like a Spectra when in Pelco format. 

The addressing is hard coded with switches or soft coded in the menu. 

If you set the address to 0 it will move using all/any addresses.  It was called the dancing PTZ mode.

Unless there are a bunch of them I would replace it with a TVI PTZ for the hassle.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Aug 24, 2017

This document will be your best guide

http://resource.boschsecurity.com/documents/EnviroDome_Operation_Manual_enUS_2263464587.pdf

Sean Nelson
Aug 24, 2017
Nelly's Security

are you just wanting normal movement and presets? if so, as long as bosch uses pelco protocols, it'll work just fine.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions