Please reference the post below made by another IPVM member on another topic...
In relation to this camera discussion......I have installed several BRICKCOM
WCB-100Ap 1.2MP WiFi cams (PoE available) (~$200) Cigarette box it is, but what a great camera. Excellent picture, Excellent 2 way audio. Has an IR good for a small room (10' X 10') at a push. 2.8mm lens giving a 90FoV and A free 64CH VMS in the box too!!
- Compact and Streamline Design
- Built-in PIR Sensor and Illumination LED
- Built-in MIC and Speaker
- EasyConfig for Easy Set Up and GUI Integration
- Built-in Micro SD/ SDHC Memory Card Slot
- MPEG-4, MJPEG and H.264 Triple Codec Compression
- 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless Connectivity
- WPS Supported for Easy Wireless Network Setup
They also have a 3MP and 5MP cigarette box and of course a host of other cameras that I have not tested just yet!
My question or comment is, I've noticed that it seems your "higher end" name camera manufacturers, ie. Arecont, Sony, Panasonic, Avigilon rarely, if ever, delve into this area by offering products like this which have so many features inside of them. Just to get an audio input in a Sony camera, you're forced by to upgrade to their more expensive View-DR model which is over 4x the cost of the Brickcom mentioned above. It's more your budget minded or not as prestigious name brands that offer diverse feature sets. Is there a reason for this? Do they feel they can't compete well enough on price if they tried?