Who Wants An IPVM Lanyard?

Ethan Ace
Apr 07, 2015

Going to ISC West and don't want to wear the usual marketing material lanyard sponsored by some manufacturer you don't even use? Find Derek or me and you can be the lucky owner of a brand new IPVM lanyard to hold your badge in style, seen here modeled by everyone's favorite IPVM test subject:

Supplies are limited to the first 100 so don't hesitate if you see us walking the floor!

Note: originally I wanted a T-shirt cannon, but John said no and this idea is likely safer.

(7)
(5)
Kevin Nadai
Apr 07, 2015

Like anybody was ever injured with a cannon!

(3)
U
Undisclosed #2
Apr 07, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Canon T-shirts won't be in short supply anyway.

(1)
(3)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #3
Apr 07, 2015

Well played, Sir or Madam.

Ricardo Souza
Apr 07, 2015
Motorola Solutions • IPVMU Certified

Waiting anxiously for the Ebay auctions =)

jk =l

(3)
Ethan Ace
Apr 07, 2015

Also bonus points to anyone wearing these into the Avigilon booth. Even more bonus points if you get an Avigilon employee to wear it and get a photo.

(3)
(7)
Brian Rhodes
Apr 07, 2015
IPVMU Certified

We'll triple your bonus points if you go to a vegas dive tattoo parlor and get inked with an IPVM logo while wearing a lanyard.

(2)
(3)
Tony Darland
Apr 08, 2015
IPVMU Certified

What if I get the IPVM lanyard/logo inked on my neck/chest?

(1)
U
Undisclosed #2
Apr 08, 2015
IPVMU Certified

What if I get the IPVM lanyard/logo inked on my neck/chest?

Not acceptable. If you look closely at the blue V in the lanyard logo, you might notice that the coloration is actually due to fine German Wiegand filaments embedded in the fabric itself; Kudos for Brian's clever idea of using the 'rabbit-ears' shape of the letter V itself to enhance signal strength.

These allow the wearer's waypoints and associated dwell times to be captured at each visited booth real-time, and then broadcast thruout the expo's LANyard system, providing the staff at the next exhibit with crucial 'prior interest info' which is then used to tailor their pitch to the attendee.

Thus the guy who is coming from 30 minutes at the Dallmeier Den is likely to be treated differently than someone who lingered for hours in the Longsee Lounge. The monetization received from this data is used to defray the cost of the lanyard.

So unless you are willing to submit to a optical neck scan at each exhibit, you may find yourself listening to the same generic pitch given everyone else... ;)

(2)
U
Undisclosed #4
Apr 08, 2015

I could *swear* someone got a Dotworkz tattoo about 4 or 5 years ago. I couldn't find any reference to it with a quick google search though.

JH
John Honovich
Apr 08, 2015
IPVM

Those DomeWizard party girls can be persuasive...

(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Apr 07, 2015
Yup, need/want one!
Kevin Nadai
Apr 07, 2015

Here's the thing -- I would not recognize either of you.

JH
John Honovich
Apr 07, 2015
IPVM

The guy in the camera tests? That's Derek...

if you see someone who looks half lumberjack / half philosopher, that's Ethan.

(2)
(9)
Ethan Ace
Apr 07, 2015

Accurate.

(1)
Brian Rhodes
Apr 07, 2015
IPVMU Certified

or 'Warrior Poet'.

(2)
(1)
PV
Pat Villerot
Apr 08, 2015

The IPVM staff members all seem to have photos on Linkedin. Makes them a bit easier to track down/stalk for lanyards.

Maybe one of the developers can put their facial recognition software to a real test.

GC
Greg Cortina
Apr 07, 2015
I want one.
Leti Choi
Apr 08, 2015

I am so getting one when I am at the show.

wish I will be one of the first 100!!!!!!

(1)
U
Undisclosed #4
Apr 08, 2015

I want one, please keep one set aside for me.

U
Undisclosed #2
Apr 08, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Just write 'Undisclosed D Manufacturer' on it, so to preserve anonymity...

(1)
(5)
U
Undisclosed #4
Apr 08, 2015

Will do. I am always in stealth mode.

Ethan Ace
Apr 08, 2015

Register for a badge as Undisclosed A and I'll give you $5.

(2)
(2)
U
Undisclosed #4
Apr 08, 2015

Let me see...

Aaron Saks
Apr 08, 2015

Registered!!

(1)
(6)
U
Undisclosed #2
Apr 14, 2015
IPVMU Certified

So you're Undisclosed A, huh?

I've always wondered who that was exactly...

AD
Andrew DeMattos
Apr 08, 2015
IPVMU Certified
Reserve one of those bad boys for me. PLEASE!!!
(1)
KL
Keefe Lovgren
Apr 08, 2015
IPVMU Certified

finding anyone at ISC is like trying to find waldo... I saw Derek once last year pushing around the big camera tripod on wheels, after that never saw him again, and you would think that would make someone easy to spot...

(1)
(1)
Ethan Ace
Apr 09, 2015

I'd agree it's not the easiest, but I always find myself running into the same people three times per show, unintentionally. If no one can find us, maybe we'll arrange a meeting spot so we can distribute a couple of these to those missing us, but no promises!

Scott Napier
Apr 14, 2015

Too bad I am not going to ISC west this year. If you have an extra when it is all over with, I will pay for postage.

(1)
BA
Bradley Adams
Apr 14, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Ditto, Ill take one as well if theres any left after the show... though Im not holding my breath lol

YS
Yisroel Scher
Apr 14, 2015

As an IPVM member, can I get one of these by mail? Thanks.

Steve Beck
Apr 14, 2015
Found one! Now I never ever have to wear a Tyco lanyard again at ASIS. Thank you.
JH
John Honovich
Apr 14, 2015
IPVM
GC
Greg Cortina
Apr 17, 2015
Well, I had one and then I saw another IPVM member looking at it with longing in his eyes at our booth so I had to give it up. He knows who he is. I'm a team player.
U
Undisclosed #5
Mar 29, 2018

IPVM Challenge Coins!!!

/discuss

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions