Subscriber Discussion

Who Is China Manufacturer TVT? Claims H.265

U
Undisclosed #1
Mar 06, 2015

Who is TVT?

They report 200 people in R&D and H.265 products.

Are they a manufacturer, reseller or?

PV
Pat Villerot
Mar 06, 2015

Never heard of them, but wow do they cover the whole range of technologies: AHD, HD-SDI, HD-TVI, IP, 960H, analog, etc. It sure seems like they don't want to miss any tech trends.

Maybe the Ambarella chips are shipping. John does say right in the article that "It will likely take 2 to 3 years for broad adoption, though early product pre-announcements will likely come next year." I imagine we will see a lot of soft product launches come ISC West.

U
Undisclosed #2
Mar 06, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Maybe the same as TVT-Digital, mentioned here?

JH
John Honovich
Mar 07, 2015
IPVM

Thanks.

Copying over the key section from there:

"I discovered LTS almost 4 years ago and even posted about it on this website, without referencing their name. I found a sub $200 DVR (unheard of at that time) that had a fantastic user interface and just plain worked. I had direct imported several different DVR's in previous years from Korea, Taiwan and China and had had very mixed results with their reliability, tech support and ease of use. LTS offered a US based presence with stocked inventory which eliminated long lead times and wire transfers.

Not being content, I dug further to see if I could eliminate the middle man and found that their DVR's were made by TVT Digital out of GuangDong. I made an appointment to meet with their CEO at the next ISC West to discuss buying direct. He was very hesitant as he informed me that LTS purchased about $2 million US per month from them, well beyond any order I was pondering. I continued to purchase through LTS for my analog needs and have been very pleased with the price/performance of their equipment. I'm pretty sure some of the Qsee (sp?) line are from TVT as well. The "Super Live and Super Cam mobile phone apps are also their products."

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #3
Mar 06, 2015

It's a Chinese company based on Shenzhen.

H.265 is not a brand-new tag for surveilliance cameras in China. There are many companies demonstrated their H.265 products in the CPSE last year.

Ambarella's chip comes to market much later than Hisilicon's. Hisilicon's 3516A is capable of performing 1080p H.265 encoding in real-time.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #2
Mar 06, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Do you think Hisilicon's chips are used in this camera?

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #3
Mar 06, 2015

I don't have this camera but I would be surprised if the H-chip is not in it.

JD
Jim Daly
Mar 07, 2015

They are a manufacturer. But to deal direct you will have to commit to monthly minimum orders.

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Mar 08, 2015
IPVM

Jim, thanks. Is that minimum 100 units or 10,000 units?

How would you compare them in terms of reliability, quality, features to Dahua and Hikvision?

JD
Jim Daly
Mar 08, 2015

John,

I visited their factory in 2011 and at that time the MOQ for our market was:

500pcs per model for 4, 8 or 16 channel for their base unit. (that is 500 x 4ch, 500 x 8ch and 500 x 16ch to have a range of base units)

300pcs per model for 4, 8 or 16 channel for their mid range unit.

100 /200 pcs per model for their high end dvr's

Both Dahua and Hikvision would be considered ahead of TVT. But TVT would be way ahead of many of the other manufacturers.

Jim

(7)
JH
John Honovich
Mar 08, 2015
IPVM

Great feedback, Jim! Thanks.

Btw, this is the type of comment members should vote informative!

(1)
(1)
HD
Heng Dju Ong
Apr 28, 2015
IPVMU Certified

It seems to me that you have searched deep into the source, do you have a general mapping of who's who as far as manufacturer in China? Considering the merging of the different protocols of analog like TVI, CVI, AHD it's got to be a handful there right?

Would CPSE considered a good exhibition to sample this bunch from mainland other than goes straight to Shenzhen factories?

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions