Subscriber Discussion

Which Companies Manufacturer Electromagnetic Locks?

UE
Undisclosed End User #1
Jul 12, 2017

Which brand of electromagnetic lock do you like using and why? I'm looking to source direct as our local distributor also conducts installations (yeah, that kind of "distributor").

I figure, why put money in his pocket when he's competing against me. I'd rather work with the manufacturer, instead.

SD
Shannon Davis
Jul 12, 2017
IPVMU Certified

We mainly use Securitron as they are extremely reliable the installation is simple and they have a lifetime warranty. Another brand we use is Dynalock for doors that require a delayed egress, typically in a nursing home.

(1)
Brian Rhodes
Jul 15, 2017
IPVMU Certified

A big factor in working direct with hardware manufacturers is how much volume you will sell.  

In general, the biggest hardware manufacturers in the US and Europe are Assa Abloy and Allegion.

Dealing direct with them often means that there is no established distributor near by, because they have a pretty protected channel.  You may find the 'official' answer from either of them is to buy via one of those existing distributor.   BTW, I totally understand why this is aggravating.  These distribution and dealer channels are often decades old, and it can be tough to be a 'niche' integrator just wanting decent pricing on certain products.  But the big companies are often too big to worry about 'small potatoes' new accounts.

You might find better success/ pricing working through a national security door hardware distributor and negotiating discounts with them. (ie: Rocky Mountain Hardware is one example, but there are several 'big' ones)

Brian Rhodes
Jul 15, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Other 'smaller' brands to consider:

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions