Where Do "End Of Line Resistors" Go?

Brian Karas
Feb 20, 2013
Pelican Zero

Bonus question: who can properly wire an RJ-48x jack :)

Brian Rhodes
Feb 20, 2013
IPVMU Certified

You killjoy. That's the next poll question!

MR
Mike Ridgley
Feb 20, 2013
SP
Sean Patton
Feb 20, 2013

The devils advocate in me reeeeally wanted to vote for number 2...

MI
Matt Ion
Feb 20, 2013

When I saw the topic line, I thought it was going to be some sort of "Where are they now?" for old, tired resistors.

"This unfortunate little guy was ripped from a classic RCA console stereo and rebuilt into this young experimenter's crystal radio that never did work right. Still, he's fared better than his brother, who burned up when he was mistakenly connected across a 120V power source."

Carl Lindgren
Feb 20, 2013

LOL

"Still, he's fared better than his brother, who burned up when he was mistakenly connected across a 120V power source."

Try that with a small value electrolytic capacitor. Sounds just like a firecracker.

Christopher Freeman
Feb 21, 2013

Actually it depends on the system, with the technologies we have today, you can program the device to act as a eol, you can create soft resistors with smart conditional analylis built into the devices .

Old technologys have eols. new acccess control uses software addressing built into devices.

Say goodbye to the resister and hello to the computer, software states & status.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions