Subscriber Discussion

Where Can I Find A Honeywell NS2 Panel?

KL
Keefe Lovgren
Aug 27, 2013
IPVMU Certified

Does anyone have a Honeywell NS2 Panel around that they would be willing to sell? I have a customer who lost a board last week and they are no longer being made so I am unable to buy one from distribution. At this time they are not ready to transition to new hardware and software. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

JH
John Honovich
Aug 27, 2013
IPVM

To that end, I am curious. Are there any 'junkyard' security dealers that keep an inventory of old parts? I could see this being an interesting business model.

Ethan Ace
Aug 27, 2013

I know a couple of people I could ask. Question, though: are they actually using the NStar software, or is it running on WIN-PAK? If the latter, you could change it to a NetAXS or something else, maybe.

KL
Keefe Lovgren
Aug 27, 2013
IPVMU Certified

Ethan, they are running NStar. If I can't find a NS2 panel the option would be to either buy a single door NXD and upgrade the software to WinPak XE or begin the migration to another hardware/software platform... the most cost effective solution in front of me is to find an NS2 panel...

KL
Keefe Lovgren
Oct 03, 2013
IPVMU Certified

Ethan i did end up buying a netaxs panel and winpak... that was a nightmare... current build version of nstar was too old for the database to be restored to winpak on site (wasn't told of that potential issue up front... bad on my part though for not asking the questions)... was given the option to open an account for a database upgrade, for $470 i could have it back in a week, second day service $960 or next day service $1,900...

long story short i didn't install the netaxs and instead bought an old ns2 board from ebay... took about 10 minutes to install and initialize and get the customer back up and running...

so if anybody asks you in the future what they should do if an old ns2 panel goes out... tell them to dig around the interwebs and try find an old board... it will save them time and the customer some money...

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions