I am a British Independent CCTV Consultant. Recently I designed a professional specification for a very small system (7 Cameras) for a motel in Delray Beach, Florida and we sent this out to three CCTV integrators for tender. I pointed out that the installed system would be audited upon completion to insure that it fully met the specification (which was built around Hikvision equipment and designed on the IPVM Calculator).

Not one of the companies returned a quotation and a fourth integrator wrote and said that no one works to the standard of the specification, in the USA, and submitted his own quotation which was half a page long, consisted only a list of the equipment which would be installed (without any manufacturer being mentioned) and missed out a recording device. In Britain our tender would be considered bread and butter and nothing special. My consultancy sends out hundreds of specifications without problem.

I am sure there are quality installers in America who can do more than just point cameras in the right direction and say 'job done' but where are you?

UPDATE: Here is the invitation to tender, the IPVM Camera Calculator export for the project and below is an overview: