Subscriber Discussion

What VMS Do These Bid Specs Seem To Be Written Around?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Feb 28, 2014

Here's a few choice ones:

The VMS shall not require a database when recording video

The VMS shall use the OS native file system for recording video. For example if there was video on March 1, 2012 from 10am until 10:35 am, it would be stored in the subfolders for year/month/day/hour. In the example it would be in the D:\2012\03\01\10 directory. Each video stream will be kept in 5 minute increments.

The VMS will allow for video export into following formats: .exe (standalone executable) .avi and .ps (for multiplexing audio and video)

The VMS Server shall operate on Microsoft Windows Server or Mac OSX

Any ideas?

Brian Rhodes
Feb 28, 2014
IPVMU Certified

That appears to be lifted boilerplate from Exacq's A&E Spec. See "2.02 AA)" for example.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Feb 28, 2014

Thanks, I kind of assumed that by default because I don't sell Exacq, and didn't recognize those features in any other VMS I deal with. Thanks for the confirmation.

BTW, technically speaking, what software platform is that written on that will allow it to run on Windows, Linux and OSX? They're one of the few that offer that much cross OS variety.

Ethan Ace
Feb 28, 2014

Wait a second, Exacq server only runs on Windows or Linux. The client will run on all three.

Mark McRae
Feb 28, 2014
Inaxsys Security Systems

except for the part about the server running on MAC OSX, that is "exacqly" Exacq specs.

the .PS is Exacq's own format when video is exported and stored.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions