Subscriber Discussion

What Manufacturers Offer Online Demo Access To Their Cameras?

U
Undisclosed #1
Feb 15, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Do any allow anonymous access to their entire line as a matter of course?

JH
John Honovich
Feb 15, 2016
IPVM

That's a good question. It would be worth making a list.

To the best of my knowledge, most of the big brands do not have this, or at least they do not publicize it.

Brian Rhodes
Feb 15, 2016
IPVMU Certified
(1)
JH
John Honovich
Feb 15, 2016
IPVM

I had no idea, very interesting. On my Mac Safari and Chrome, video won't stream though...

Brian Rhodes
Feb 15, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I think they only stream using MJPEG, the H.264 plugin doesn't work for me either.

MI
Matt Ion
Feb 15, 2016

When you install Dahua's gDMSS/iDMSS mobile app, it comes pre-configured with a demo NVR, I assume at some Dahua office somewhere. (Of course, right now when I want to do a screenshot, my gDMSS app isn't loading ANY of the sites I have configured...)

I once googled the model number of an IQEye camera (looking for information on it), as it displays in the camera's web interface... and got dozens of hits of active, unsecured cameras from around the world... kind of unofficial demo? ;)

U
Undisclosed #1
Feb 15, 2016
IPVMU Certified

...active, unsecured cameras from around the world... kind of unofficial demo? ;)

Now I know how my settings got changed!

John Bazyk
Feb 15, 2016
Command Corporation • IPVMU Certified

Video Insight does, demovi.com Although they don't manufacture their own cameras. Panasonic and Hikvision rebrand.

(1)
MI
Matt Ion
Feb 15, 2016

They've had that site running (with intermittent upgrades) since I first started installing VI DVRs, probably more than 10 years ago now. Pretty nice.

GC
Greg Cortina
Feb 15, 2016

[FLIR Employee]

We have a site in Montana we provide credentials to known dealers. It has a variety of cameras, but certainly not all.

Greg

Jason Neubauer
Feb 15, 2016
IPVMU Certified

If you download Exacq VMS software it has huge selection of cameras to choose from. I have used it a couple of times for clients.

(1)
PS
Paul Shah
Feb 15, 2016

Here is the Exacq VMS Online.

(1)
UE
Undisclosed End User #2
Feb 15, 2016

Avigilon has a demo NVR that streams from several locations. It's not an all-encompassing selection of their cameras, but it gives you a good idea of the capabilities.

They also have one to demo the mobile application.

(1)
PS
Paul Shah
Feb 15, 2016

do you have the link and credentials for it?

MI
Matt Ion
Feb 15, 2016

Ask and ye shall receive, John :)

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions