Subscriber Discussion

What Is The Best SD Analog WDR Camera?

U
Undisclosed #1
Jun 05, 2017

I was asked this question today and had no idea. The question came from a non-profit that has a working DVR and no budget to upgrade, but wants to improve video on one or two cameras. The analog cameras sound like they're covering pretty narrow FOVs, so replacing everything to increase resolution isn't going to happen.

The WDR cameras I had experience with years ago in the analog days were pretty poor by today's standards. Off the top of my head I'm not sure who even makes a strictly SD analog WDR camera. Any suggestions?

The one thought that came to mind was using a more modern HD analog model and using the SD analog output on that. Does anyone have any experience with that? 

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Jun 05, 2017

You might also look at the 4-in-1 cameras that would allow you to select CVBS (standard Analog).  

(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #3
Jun 05, 2017

Hikvision is probably your best bet. 

They have a full line of True WDR cameras with 600TVL of analog output. The TVI/SD signal is selectable.

The ones that offer 720TVL seem to all be Digital WDR from what I can find. You want True WDR for the best performance if you can deal with the 600TVL. 

This is a link to their latest catalog if you want a closer look. 

http://oversea-download.hikvision.com/uploadfile/USA/PQG/PQG-Spring_Summer.pdf

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions