What IP Cameras And VMSes Are DIACAP Compliant?

JH
John Honovich
Nov 24, 2013
IPVM

Many US government agencies / organizations require compliance with DIACAP (aka Department of Defense Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process).

This typically takes the form of vendors certifying their network products so that they can be added/connected to secure government networks.

I have heard Pelco and Pansonic make claims about DIACAP compliance.

Anyone have more info on what vendors are compliant and how often this is necessary?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Dec 19, 2013

Even with the amount of work we do for GSA, we have never seen any RFPs requiring us to use DIACAP compliant DVRs or IP cameras. To my knowledge it's only required for Dept. of Defense project. I know for a fact Pelco's DX8100 HVR is DIACAP compliant. I'm not sure about which Sarix or Spectra Domes are DIACAP. The other day Panasonic released a list of 9 IP and 3 analog cameras that are DIACAP complaint.

In other news, Panasonic is offering extended 1-2 warranty program (total of 5 years) just like Axis does.

Hal Bennick
Dec 30, 2013
Trafficware, a CUBIC Company

Many Panasonic cameras are DIACAP.

Disclaimer, I work for Panasonic.....

Geez, I feel like I'm on Linkedin....

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Dec 30, 2013

@Hal

Do you have a link for the Panasonic cameras that DIACAP?

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions