[UPDATE: The IPVM Security Integrator Finder is live.]
I have an idea that I want your feedback on.
Regularly, we hear questions from:
- End users and consultants looking to figure out who are the integrators in a given area
- Manufacturers looking for integrator partners in different areas
- Integrators looking for integrators in other areas (i.e., based in Boston, have a job with a site in Buffalo).
A good solution to this would be an 'Integrator Finder' that would combine a map interface and a comprehensive database of integrators. Data that could be included:
- What locations / branches each integrator has
- What industry certifications those integrators have
- What lines the integrators carry
- What reference projects they have
There are a few attempts to do this but it's generally restricted to specific manufacturer lines (e.g., the Milestone reseller finder). We could do a more universal one, regardless of what lines they carry.
I'd want to give it away for free as I see it as a marketing tool for IPVM (a resource that anyone might find interesting). Also, we can help highlight which integrators have IPVM members, who are top commenters, who have IPVM certifications, etc.
Ok, what do you think? Yeah? Nay? Specific features you'd want?