What Do You Want To Ask For The New Salary Stats Survey?

JH
John Honovich
Jan 20, 2016
IPVM

These two became very popular:

Integrator Salary Results 2014 and Manufacturer Salary Results 2014

We are going to do new 2016 versions. A number of people asked us to go into greater depth and we'd like to do that. So here is your chance to ask for more details? What do you want?

U
Undisclosed #1
Jan 20, 2016

Does your report address anything beyond Integrators & Manufacturers? I'd be curious about Security Consultant's salary stats.

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Jan 20, 2016

Would that include trips and swag?

Ross Vander Klok
Jan 20, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I would to see end users included too. I think that will be hard to compare because the end users on this site probably vary greatly in what they do and how they do it, but would be curious to have some sort of idea on end users.

Mark Jones
Jan 21, 2016

Years in the industry if it can be added; if it can be accomplished I would appreciate a regional factor; Large company vs individually owned. Look forward to it. I found last years very useful.

(1)
Daniel S-T
Jan 22, 2016

I will agree with everything Mark has asked for, but I would also like to see a break down by sector of business. Residential, Commercial, Industrial, estimated percentage of each if they do multiple. Average size of work done. Small jobs, couple weeks, couple months, you get it.

I'm not sure how easy it would be to include, but I wouldn't mind knowing how much work they do. By that I mean, do they just mount equipment/program and test. Or just program and test, or just pulling the cable, or all of the above. Or a mix? I've done jobs where I go from beginning to end on my own, and others where I have a contractor pull my cable and mount my devices.

This is a weird one, probably not important but something I've always wondered. Do they work in pairs or by themselves? In my 5 years of experience it seems like companies are trying everything they can to get people to do everything alone. Always bugged me. Doesn't make sense to have two guys on every job, but a lot of the time it makes sense in my mind to have two people (or more, depending on the size of the project I suppose)

Mark Jones
Jan 22, 2016

no doubt, on most jobs of any size, two are several times more productive than 1.

Daniel S-T
Jan 22, 2016

I've always thought so, so I'm curious if companies who expect their techs to work alone make anymore than those who can expect to work with another.

Hans Kahler
Jan 22, 2016
Eagle Eye Networks

From a manufacturer perspective it would be interesting to know the type of products they produce. Hardware vs software and if it's Video, Access, Intrusion, etc...

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Nov 01, 2023

Are any new salary surveys coming?

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions