We are considering doing an IPVM startup conference.
Why do one?
- It is hard to find information about startups in our industry as events and media generally are dominated by the biggest companies in the space (Axis, Dahua, Hikvison, etc.).
- There is a new generation of startups in two areas integrators are most interested in - AI and cloud.
- Startups are harder to find and assess since, by definition, they are so new, people have much less experience and information about them.
How it would help?
- Integrators could better find new products from startups to differentiate themselves.
- End users could identify new products that solve specific unmet needs.
- Manufacturers and investors could see what companies they want to fund or acquire.
What are we thinking of?
The idea is a 2-day event that is a mixture of (1) startups doing presentations with Q&A, (2) meetings between attendees and startups, (3) us presenting trends and test findings related to startups.
How would it work/cost?
Because IPVM does not accept any sponsorships nor marketing nor advertising, we would run it differently than normal events.
Everyone would be charged the same admission structure to attend. No charges would be made for any startups exhibiting / presenting. We would make money / covers our costs on the admissions alone.
The goal is to help people find startups, new products and encourage greater competition and new entrants into the industry.
Vote / Poll
Questions / Feedback
Let us know your thoughts (positive and especially negative) and questions in the comments.