What Do You Consider A 'Large' Integrator?

JH
John Honovich
Oct 18, 2016
IPVM

Vote:

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Oct 18, 2016
IPVM

Surely, this is subjective but I suspect there is some general consensus about what industry people think. I am curious to what that is.

Any color or comments you want to share, please do so below.

p.s. - this is somewhat spurred by the question: ADI Asks What Type Of Trunkslammer Are You?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Oct 18, 2016

The conglomerates obviously post huge numbers but their individual branches do not. I worked for the largest AV integrator in the world but our branch was never more than $15 million. Other than the logo and occasional ability to use another branches technicians, massive purchasing power, and a logo on my shirt it never felt like I worked for a large company.

(5)
Michael Silva
Oct 18, 2016
Silva Consultants

I consider a "large" integrator to be one with $20 to $50 million dollars of pure security/surveillance installation and service revenue. Many of the big mega-conglomerates routinely post in excess of $200 million in revenue, but I suspect that this may include sales from some of their non installation and service entities.

(2)
(3)
Luis Carmona
Oct 24, 2016
Geutebruck USA • IPVMU Certified

I looked at is as a whole, not counting individual branches. And I figure once you get up to the $50 million mark the other large integrators start noticing.

JH
John Honovich
Oct 31, 2016
IPVM

With 100+ votes, the consensus is clearly $10 - $50 million, which strikes me as reasonable considering most integrators do under $10 million in revenue.

That noted, it does reinforce that integrators typically are smaller / regional businesses, which makes sense given that economies of scale are poor due to the heavy local labor component of integrators.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions