Subscriber Discussion

What Do You Think About ADI Prox Cards?

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Feb 23, 2017

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Feb 23, 2017

Have used the 26 bit key fobs and cards on several projects and they've worked with no reported issues.  The packing on the key fobs is a bit hokey in that they loop 20 of them together in a little box with a long tie wrap like you'd use on a large garbage bag.  Effective and functional to be sure ... and the fobs in all 5 boxes were accurately tied together in numberical order (kudos for that as it made it easier to issue) but it looks kind of odd is all.

(2)
UM
Feb 23, 2017

Yeah, I wasn't so much interested in whether the quality or price was good.  I was more interested to know people's opinion of ADI programming proprietary bit configurations such as Keyscan, JCI etc. IPVM admins changed the title of my post yo generic "ADI Prox Cards".

JH
John Honovich
Feb 23, 2017
IPVM

You just posted an image. The image was titled 'ADI Proximity Cards', ergo why the title was changed to reflect what the image showed.

UM
Feb 23, 2017

I should have been more specific in my original post.

Brian Rhodes
Feb 23, 2017
IPVMU Certified

What is ADI programming?  They might be assigning typical facility codes used in the cards or general bit structures per specific systems, but I don't see ADI programming anything. 

Brian Rhodes
Feb 23, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Like steel door keys, low-frequency RF cards are a true commodity.

Robot kiosks cut keys, so it is not surprising to see ADI offer their own 125 kHz cards and fobs.  I am surprised these aren't WBox branded, but apparently 'ADI'.

John Bazyk
Feb 23, 2017
Command Corporation • IPVMU Certified

If we weren't already buying customized cards from somewhere else, I would have probably looked more at these. We have a very specific way we liked our cards setup so we can't order normal cards. We also get our logos and phone numbers printed on every card/fob. I would be concerned that ADI would mess up too much to order through them. 

U
Undisclosed #3
Feb 24, 2017

I would bet money these are OEM'd 3MIL cards.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #4
Feb 24, 2017

This is just another example of ADI competing with their suppliers (wbox, anyone?). I would expect that HID (and any of the others on this list) are not very happy right now...

(2)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions