Help Solve This Cameras Light Blooming Problem

Brian Rhodes
Sep 17, 2014
IPVMU Certified

A member is looking for help on the light blooming issue shown in this video:

Notice the light fixtures on the wall bloom and dim on a cycle, noticeable here in the red/ yellow spectrum.

He shared the customer recently changed over to LED lighting from fluorescents and that is when the issue began. The camera is analog, and uses NTSC. I can email the member for other settings info if needed.

My guess: It looks like LED fixture's Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) is causing this blooming effect. I do not know of a way of fixing this problem in camera settings alone.

Do you know what is causing this? Do you have any recommendations to resolve it?

John Bazyk
Sep 17, 2014
Command Corporation • IPVMU Certified

I have a customer who is having a similar problem with exterior lighting, it didn’t start until he installed LED street lamps in his parking lot. Basically I am interested in a solution too.

Brian Rhodes
Sep 17, 2014
IPVMU Certified

I contacted Cree, Phillips, and several other commercial/industrial LED fixture manufacturers about this issue. When they respond, I'll post details here.

BG
Bob Germain
Sep 19, 2014

Does the camera have a flickerless setting? Th LEDs may be too high frequency but may be worth a try.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions