Welcome Seth Bartynski To IPVM!

JH
John Honovich
Apr 05, 2019
IPVM

Join me in welcoming Seth Bartynski to IPVM! Seth joins as a software engineer.

Last year, Seth graduated from UPenn with a Bachelors of Science in engineering and came back home to the Lehigh Valley, where our Bethlehem office is based.

Seth has been here 3 months, doing a great job ramping up, already deploying a number of smaller items and building up to our mid-term goal of him working on new Calculator developments.

[UPDATE: just 10 months later, Seth has developed and we have released the new Phone Camera Calculator.]

He will be at ISC West, learning more about the industry, so please say hello to him if you see him.

Seth can be reached at seth@ipvm.com Perhaps fitting he has no LinkedIn profile... If you have any advice for Seth, suggestions for calculator development or anything else feel free to email him or leave a comment below.

U
Undisclosed #1
Apr 05, 2019
IPVMU Certified

Welcome Seth!

just out of curiosity, did John give you the ol’ FizzBuzz test from his Can You Code? post?

(1)
Seth Bartynski
Apr 05, 2019
IPVM

Thank you!  Not exactly, though this is a classic, and there are definitely horror stories about comp sci graduates who apply for programming jobs and can't manage to do FizzBuzz (see here, for example).  Then you have programmers who play "Code Golf" with problems like these, to see who can write a solution in the fewest number of bytes (see here).  For the record, my solution would not be as intricate as these :)

(2)
SD
Shannon Davis
Apr 05, 2019
IPVMU Certified

Welcome Seth!

Seth Bartynski
Apr 05, 2019
IPVM

Thanks!

Aaron Saks
Apr 05, 2019

Welcome! I look forward to meeting the IPVM team at ISC-W again.

Seth Bartynski
Apr 05, 2019
IPVM

Thank you!  I look forward to having a chance to meet some of our members!

(1)
(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Apr 05, 2019
IPVMU Certified

the “disagree” above may be the lamest vote I’ve ever seen :)

(2)
U
Undisclosed #3
Apr 05, 2019

Welcome.

Any updates on adding the alternate measurement options to the calculator? (Attoparsecs or Smoots in particular).

Seth Bartynski
Apr 05, 2019
IPVM

Thank you!  Potentially, though attoparsecs would have to be used in blocks of 1.2 x 10^(19) ;)

(1)
(2)
U
Undisclosed #4
Apr 05, 2019

Welcome Seth Lord!

(1)
(1)
Seth Bartynski
Apr 05, 2019
IPVM

Thank you!  Truth be told, I have had someone take my name down as "Sith" before when placing an order to go at a restaurant.  My Dark Side was tempted not to correct them ;)

(2)
Marty Major
Apr 05, 2019
Teledyne FLIR

"If you have any advice for Seth.."

(1)
Seth Bartynski
Apr 05, 2019
IPVM

Noted, noted.

(2)
U
Undisclosed #7
Apr 06, 2019

pretty sure that Sean Patton could play a mean lead solo cover of this tune - but he doesn't play for an audience... 

he's too cool for that. :)

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #6
Apr 05, 2019

Oh Marty, how would you know ;)

Marty Major
Apr 06, 2019
Teledyne FLIR

I own (and am oddly proud of) my long-standing record as the shortest-lived IPVM employee ever:

2 months to the day.

so, yeah.... I might know ;)

U
Undisclosed #1
Apr 06, 2019
IPVMU Certified

2 months to the day.

yet it all seemed so promising at the time ;)

(1)
(1)
Marty Major
Apr 06, 2019
Teledyne FLIR

Que sara sara

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #5
Apr 05, 2019

When did the IPVM logo change? looks good.

Welcome Seth!

(1)
Seth Bartynski
Apr 05, 2019
IPVM

Earlier today in fact!  Thanks!

JH
John Honovich
Apr 06, 2019
IPVM

Thanks for noticing. Seth did a good job of finding the various places the logo was throughout the app and rolled out those changes.

Related: IPVM Changes Wordmark / Logo 2019

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Apr 06, 2019
IPVMU Certified

Seth did a good job of finding the various places the logo was throughout the app and rolled out those changes.

though there might still be one or two embeds laying low, hoping to avoid the bit bucket...

DH
Denis Halabudenco
Apr 06, 2019

Welcome! :-) 

Seth Bartynski
Apr 08, 2019
IPVM

Thanks! :)

JH
John Honovich
Mar 11, 2020
IPVM

Seth has been here less than a year and already developed and released the Phone calculator. Impressive!

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions