Welcome Ari Erenthal To IPVM!

JH
John Honovich
Nov 14, 2016
IPVM

Note: Ari will be at ISC East on Wednesday and Thursday, November 16th and 17th. Feel free to come over and say hello. Email: ari@ipvm.com

Join us in welcoming Ari Erenthal to IPVM. Ari has been an IPVM member for many years and one of the industry's most insightful and humorous commentators. As a teenager, Ari started in the industry installing. Since then he has managed installers, as well as ran surveillance sales and training for B&H Photo.

Ari will lead training for IPVM as well as make IPVM more useful to installers. In 2017, expect to see a number of important improvements in both areas.

This will help IPVM overall. Everyone else will continue as is, except for Brian Rhodes, who will be freed to spend more time expanding our access control and intrusion monitoring coverage.

Please welcome Ari and if you have any ideas for him, share them below.

(4)
(1)
Brian Rhodes
Nov 14, 2016
IPVMU Certified

As a teenager, Ari started in the industry installing.

So, like 3 years ago? :)

I am a charter member of Ari's fan club!

(1)
Marty Major
Nov 14, 2016
Teledyne FLIR

I am an OG member of that same club, Brian. :)

A loooooooong time ago Ari was one of the first people I came across on-line when I was looking for ways to explain surveillance cameras to customers.

I can remember sifting through tons of garbage posts all over the internet that didn't help me at all. But then I happened to click on the right link and I ran across this piece he wrote back in 2009 - and I was immediately hooked by his beard natural ability to explain things in the style that he wrote in.

I liked it so much that it became my first Twitter 'like' way back when:

This is a strong move and Ari will make a great addition to the IPVM team. I look forward to reading more of his stuff. :)

(2)
(1)
(2)
U
Undisclosed #1
Nov 15, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I liked it so much that it became my first Twitter 'like'...

Two hooves up!

(1)
Marco Sanchez
Nov 14, 2016

Given your work history with B & H and knowing that many manufacturers and integrators do not like their online e-tail business practices, are you able to share how integrators and manufacturers can compete with their business practices?

It would make for an interesting article, I think.

Thoughts?

(1)
Ari Erenthal
Nov 14, 2016

That would make for an interesting article, certainly.

One thing I can tell you is, I have probably spoken to more end users than almost anyone else in the industry. As a result, I have a good understanding of how end users shop for surveillance, how they relate to their surveillance products, what end users like and don't like about their surveillance products, and, most importantly, why end users turn to the internet instead of buying through an integrator.

I've also had to figure out how to explain surveillance technology to generally intelligent but completely uninformed end users. As a result, I've spent a lot of time thinking how to break down complex concepts and make them simpler to understand. I think that that skill will translate directly into creating and delivering training materials to integrators.

(1)
Skip Cusack
Nov 14, 2016

Congrats to Ari and IPVM. The bench just keeps getting stronger. Well done!

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Nov 14, 2016
IPVMU Certified

The bench just keeps getting stronger.

As the beard just keeps getting longer!

(2)
Luis Carmona
Nov 14, 2016
Geutebruck USA • IPVMU Certified

Saaay whaaat?

Well now who am I going to refer all the do-it-yourselfers to as the man to trust when they buy something?

But that aside, congratulations Ari and IPVM! I think it makes a good pair-up.

(2)
Rob Hammond
Nov 14, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Good move by IPVM! We all enjoy his insight and humor. I like having Brian focusing on access control, this area would use his talant and focus. But are you sure this is a promotion for Ari???

(1)
(1)
Mihail Pivtoraiko
Nov 14, 2016

Congrats Ari and IPVM! Best wishes!

U
Undisclosed #1
Nov 14, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Note: 2 across is no longer valid :)

(1)
(1)
Ari Erenthal
Nov 14, 2016

I'd forgotten about that!

Armando Perez
Nov 14, 2016
Hoosier Security and Security Owners Group • IPVMU Certified

Congrats to both! I remember saying "they really need to hire this ari guy" shortly before following both partied on twitter.

Good call.

ML
Moe Levine
Nov 14, 2016

Congrats Ari, always enjoy your seeing your posts in the discussions. Your beard sticks out, never noticed your name but always recognized your picture ;-)

Good move IPVM!

(1)
(2)
RK
Renis Kuci
Nov 14, 2016

congrats to both, looking forward to the articles. btw the "beard" deserves a better picture...

UE
Undisclosed End User #2
Nov 14, 2016

That pic has poor WDR

Ari Erenthal
Nov 14, 2016

I'll alert the Apple Computer Corporation forthwith.

U
Undisclosed #1
Nov 14, 2016
IPVMU Certified

That pic has poor WDR

No, Ari is just really, really bright...

(1)
Luis Carmona
Nov 14, 2016

"The many beards of Ari"

(Inspiration credit to Andy Warhol)

(1)
Ari Erenthal
Nov 14, 2016

Well, that's terrifying.

(2)
Luis Carmona
Nov 14, 2016

:(

Brandon Knutson
Nov 14, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I now have an urge to watch an episode of Grizzly Adams.

Seriously, good move IPVM and Ari. Congratulations.

(1)
(1)
(1)
JR
Joel Rieger
Nov 14, 2016

Ari, congratulations on your new role. I am excited to see your insights in our fast changing industry All the best, Joel

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Nov 15, 2016

Welcome aboard Ari! Now get writing!

(1)
Jon Dillabaugh
Nov 15, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

Congrats Ari!

(1)
Ari Erenthal
Nov 15, 2016

Hey, I'll be at ISC East this year, on Wednesday and Thursday. If you see me, say hello!

MT
Matt Transue
Nov 15, 2016

Yay Ari!!

Congrats. Glad to see you as part of the IPVM team!

Ross Vander Klok
Nov 16, 2016
IPVMU Certified

People go to ISC East? Other than Ari I mean? :-)

(1)
JC
Jose Chevere
Nov 16, 2016

Ari - it was a pleasure working with you during the time with B & H. Congratulations.

DL
David Lieberman
Nov 16, 2016
IPVMU Certified

So, that's all you have to do to get hired by IPVM? Be respected in the field, demonstrate superior knowledge, creativity, and innovative thinking, make frequent meaningful contributions to IPVM discussions, and be insightful? Why didn't I think of that? :)

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Nov 16, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Don't forget hirsute. :)

(1)
Craig Mc Cluskey
Jan 16, 2017

So are you moving from New York to Hawaii?

U
Undisclosed #4
Jan 16, 2017

Gratz.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions