Subscriber Discussion

Wall Vs Ceilling Installation For Domes/Mini Domes

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Mar 04, 2016

What is the split you see between installing on ceilings versus installing on walls?

Jon Dillabaugh
Mar 04, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

Depends on the application, but probably 50/50 between ceiling mounting and wall mounting with a bracket. Most of our outdoor domes tend to be wall mounted with a bracket. Most of the indoor are ceiling mounted.

UM
Mar 04, 2016

Thank you Jon!

For the indoors that are ceiling mounted, what is the split between recessed and surface mounted?

Jon Dillabaugh
Mar 04, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

100% surface mount so far, but if ever a need for flush mount comes about, we wouldn't hesitate. Most clients would frown on the larger hole needed to flush mount.

UM
Mar 04, 2016

Very interesting. I would have thought the demand for a flush recessed mount would be much higher. Do you think it is purely because of having to cut a large hole?

Jon Dillabaugh
Mar 04, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

Yes that would be my reason not to sell them. I don't like cutting big holes in anything if it can be avoided. And there is also the fact that most flush mounted domes really only hide a small portion above the surface. You are only hiding the back can, which isn't that big of a deal.

SC
Scott Clingan
Mar 07, 2016
IPVMU Certified

For interiors our experience is closer to 80% Ceiling / 20% wall.

For ceiling mount with "micro" sized domes we use flush mount most of the time. The main factor is ceiling tile vs hard cap surface.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions