Hi Guys - need help upgrading to a VMS software solution that can handle the following tasks.
The VMS must deliver the following functionality:
• View live video with sound in multiple viewing locations within the main venue housing the VMS server.
• Ability to export recorded footage with transcoding to lower resolutions
• A level of metadata (multiple fields) is likely to be required in respect of each discrete video file (to be specified in discussion with staff) --> i.e. attach notes to video segments on a per channel per time basis
• Capacity to splice and restructure segments of native video files to create teaching video files in order to integrate with other teaching media in a multi-media context. This will require the capacity to “queue track” video in real time during live recording and in playback mode for native video files.
• Capacity to choose to keep only low quality native video (in low re-use value situations) either through a process of recording both high and low quality simultaneously and deleting the high quality files in appropriate cases, or recording only in high quality mode and converting to low quality for long term storage in appropriate cases.
The server is currently running NUUO Mainconsole IP+ with 5 x Dahua HDBW3202, 3 x Panasonic WV-SC385 and 1 x Samsung SNZ-5200 on an i5-3570 at 80% CPU utilisation. Customer is not happy with functionality currently.
I have read that 3VR VisionPoint has a builtin case manager - will it be an option I should look at?
Any other options?