Subscriber Discussion

VMS Integration With CCURE 9000

JM
Jason Moore
Jan 17, 2013
IPVMU Certified

I am looking for a full funtion enterprise VMS that can integrate with CCURE. What are you using and how do you like it?

JH
John Honovich
Jan 17, 2013
IPVM
U
Undisclosed #1
Jan 22, 2013

Jason,

Software House's sister company provides an enterprise VMS.

Built from the same SDK these products were designed and coded from the same team.

JH
John Honovich
Jan 22, 2013
IPVM

This is unbelievable. Not only is this an obvious self promotion but a gross misuse of our stealth commenting feature. I am leaving it here as a message to others.

Also, I would strongly recommend you choose a real enterprise VMS, for overall functionality and expansion.

JH
John Honovich
Jan 22, 2013
IPVM

Final note, this person and their group membership has been terminated. I won't tolerate this.

MI
Matt Ion
Jan 22, 2013

Cool, now I'll know never to buy from "Undisclosed" ;) (where's that trollface emoticon??)

SP
Sean Patton
Jan 22, 2013

Lol, thread of the year

UE
Undisclosed End User #2
Jan 07, 2017

I am curious as per why CC 9000 integration with Exacq failed "Soft Triggers"  being that they (SWH and Exacq) are both owned by Tyco (now Johnson, next Fudruckers? :) ), hence rendering it a lame integration and useless solution. Our customer wanted ability to track false forced door alarms and be able to search based on Ccure Events, which is what is meant by the "Soft Trigger" functionality referenced at Exacq's web site product integration section.

Luckily I was able to make up for this deficiency by tricking ccure into thinking the Exaqc NVR was a Legacy AD Matrix Switch, Exacq's facility for POS and a Lantronix. I accomplished this by trial and error with little to no help from SWH. Exacq did help a tad with POS and Serial port configurations.

The fact that they still fail "Soft Triggers" Function with Exacq, lends me to question why? Is it pure laziness on the SDK developers or is it to sway interrogators into using AD with SWH?

BTW, I applaud IPVMS for it's existence! Finally a place where I can vent my frustrations without being labeled a trouble maker.

One of my biggest frustrations with our industry as an integrator is being an unappreciated beta tester for the manufacturers and taking heat from end users on one end of a problem and being treated like crap from the manufacturer on the other end!

I work for a major integrator, hence non-disclosure of my name.

JH
John Honovich
Jan 08, 2017
IPVM

I applaud IPVMS for it's existence! Finally a place where I can vent my frustrations without being labeled a trouble maker.

#2, welcome and thanks for your first comment! IPVM is indeed that place and we often motivate manufacturers to fix things through the visibility IPVM provides.

The fact that they still fail "Soft Triggers" Function with Exacq, lends me to question why? Is it pure laziness on the SDK developers or is it to sway interrogators into using AD with SWH?

I do not know the answer specifically to 'soft triggers' integration but I suspect that a big factor is that there are a lot of elements to integrate and it can be difficult to justify integrating them all save for a requirement on some large project. I do think TSP (Tyco Security Products or whatever they call it now that it is JCI) does very much want to deliver integration amongst all their security products and that Exacq has spent significant efforts in the past few years to that end (e.g., Exacq Adds Access and Intrusion Integration).

One of my biggest frustrations with our industry as an integrator is being an unappreciated beta tester for the manufacturers and taking heat from end users on one end of a problem and being treated like crap from the manufacturer on the other end!

I feel your pain. We hit a fair number of problems when we do testing that clearly should have been identified and fixed before production release. If you have problems that cannot be solved, post them as a discussion or email us (e.g., info@ipvm.com or john@ipvm.com, etc.).

U
Undisclosed #3
Jan 09, 2017

I will also keep my name private (as I usually do), but I absolutely share your pain here. Software House specifically has devolved into a totally unmanageable beast that is impossible to work with and unwilling to even support their own products. I have absolutely all but stopped selling SWH because of this. 

I don't pretend that anyone from SWH would read this and care, but I also work for a fairly large integrator that is a fairly large SWH partner, and I know for a fact that I am not the only one that feels this way at my company.

(1)
(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions