Subscriber Discussion

Vivotek Had A Booth At An End User Only Trade Show This Weekend

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Mar 06, 2017

In order to walk the floor of this show you must be a purchaser of goods in the HMR industry, in a sense, an end user. You either hire pros to do something for you or you are purchasing product.

So why would vivotek have a booth?

From their site, "VIVOTEK USA only sells products through a network of authorized distributors and resellers in the United States and Canada."

(1)
JH
Jay Hobdy
Mar 06, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Was this a national show or regional/state?

Either way they could be there promoting the brand and maybe sending leads to their loval dealers.

(2)
Josh Hendricks
Mar 06, 2017
Milestone Systems

Agreed. It's a brand identity thing. Same reason why we might participate in a show for home owners associations or franchises.

When those hotel owners get presented with two proposals from different integrators, they might end up going with Vivotek over HikVision simply because they had a direct experience with Vivotek. And of course there's an opportunity to pass leads to their channel.

(2)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Mar 06, 2017

Makes sense, I was just surprised to see them on the list. Lately with all the talk of big companies selling direct to end user was thinking they could be going that route too. If I had seen this before the weekend I would have had someone who could get in go talk to them. 

This was a regional trade show. Ocean City, MD 

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions