Subscriber Discussion

Visix Cameras

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Aug 31, 2016

Anybody who has an experience using or installing Visix cameras? I was trying to use the compare tool but its not yet on the list

JH
John Honovich
Aug 31, 2016
IPVM

By Visix, do you mean 3xLogic Visix?

UI
Aug 31, 2016

Yes John that is what I meant. I was looking at the comparison tool and trying to have it compared with other cameras.

Brian Karas
Aug 31, 2016
IPVM

We did a profile post on 3xLogic previously, not sure if you have read that already or not.

Most of 3xLogic's cameras are OEMs, though they have some that are more unique to 3xLogic (the thermal camera, time of flight camera, V-Series).

Are you looking for a "basic" camera, or something with particular features?

UI
Aug 31, 2016

Thanks Brian. What Im looking for to compare are the VX-3P28-MD-I Mini Dome 3Mp, VX-3P4-MD-I and the VX-3PV-B-I with any possible Panasonic Camera that will fit or match them. Hope you can help me out. Thanks in advance

John Scanlan
Sep 01, 2016
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

The VX-3P28-MD-IA, VX-3P4/28-MD-I, and VX-3PV-B-I have been added to the camera finder and the calculator.

Jon Dillabaugh
Aug 31, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

The VX-3P28-MD-IA and VX-3P4-MD-I looks exactly like a Hikvision DS-2CD2532-IS. The VX-3PV-B-I sure looks just like a Hikvision DS-2CD2632F-IS.

UI
Aug 31, 2016

thanks for this input

U
Undisclosed #2
Aug 31, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Pro-tip: Search the protocols as a string, straight from the spec sheet to narrow to manufacturer.

OEMs often change the wording of the other specs to their own lanuague, or maybe even to throw you off intentionally.

But the protocols they will typically leave alone because they are generic looking acronyms, and don't really indicate the features or quality of the camera.

However, there is enough variation in the items and their order that most are unique to just one manufacturer.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions