Subscriber Discussion

Video Software Expert Needed

Michael Silva
May 08, 2013
Silva Consultants

I have an inquiry from a potential client who is seeking the services of a video software expert. The specific request is as follows:

"I am in need of a consultant to speak to the timing sequences within security footage using VideoSphere software for an insurance file involving a motor vehicle accident. It would be ideal if this individual could also explain enhancement techniques."

It sounds like this could end up in a courtroom, so I feel that someone with code-level knowledge of video software programming will be needed. If you or anyone you know could help, please let me know and I will pass the name along to the client.

Thanks

JH
John Honovich
May 08, 2013
IPVM

By VideoSphere, you mean the VMS from March Networks?

Michael Silva
May 08, 2013
Silva Consultants

Yes, I think so. I am quoting the request from the client directly so am not really sure. I will try and clarify.

Michael Silva
May 08, 2013
Silva Consultants

I confirmed with the client that the software is indeed produced by March.

JH
John Honovich
May 08, 2013
IPVM

A few things come to mind.

• Clarification of what he means by 'the timing sequences within security footage.' I am not sure if he means something simple like 'what is a timestamp and when is it applied' or if he really wants to get into the guts of how March does it.
  • Videosphere is, to the best of my knowledge, a brand name applied to their products (and a relatively recent one at that). I would check to see if this is a DVR recorder, more specifically what model/series? Timesequencing is a lot simpler for analog inputs into DVRs than for IP cameras (see our tutorial/discussion on IP camera / VMS time synch issues).
  • In terms of who could help, if they really want low level details, it would seem a former or current March employee would be best.
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions