Video: Priceless Corvettes Eaten By Sinkhole

Brian Rhodes
Feb 13, 2014
IPVMU Certified

In the US, this story has grabbed some attention: Sinkhole swallows pricey Corvettes at hallowed museum

and another camera:

From the article: "Here's the museum's list of cars that went down the hole:

-- a 1962 "Black Corvette"
-- a 1984 PPG pace car
-- a 2009 ZR1 "Blue Devil"
-- the 1992 white "1 Millionth Corvette"
-- a 1993 ruby red "40th Anniversary Corvette"
-- a 2001 Mallett Hammer Z06 Corvette
-- the 2009 white "1.5 Millionth Corvette"
-- a 1993 ZR-1 Spyder"

Just for reference, that '93 ZR-1 alone was valued at more than $1M.

Well, at least they have video footage to assist settling up with the insurance company.

Michael Budalich
Feb 13, 2014
Genetec

I cant watch this.... I know a 93 ZR1 was one of them taken down. As a big time car fanatic its sickening to see such timeless vettes go down like that. Thye should have had better controls in place to make sure nothing like this happened.

U
Undisclosed #1
Feb 13, 2014

Perhaps this is a sign God prefers Fords.

JH
Jim Hall
Feb 13, 2014

PTL! God uses this sinkhole bit a lot, famously in Revalation, less so in Numbers 31

Now it came to pass, as he finished speaking all these words, that the ground split apart under them, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed them up, with their households and all the men with Korah, with all their goods.

I like my Fords too but the pope just got himself a used Renault, white of course.

Ari Erenthal
Feb 13, 2014
Chesapeake & Midlantic

Maybe He's unhappy with the 2014 C7 Corvette Stingray's styling.

Accursed be the car company that uses too many exhaust outlets. Nor shall you get too cutesy with the taillights, it looks like Chevy hired a designer away from Hot Topic, for the love of Me.

KG
Kevin Garben
Feb 13, 2014

Yet another day where I miss the upvote button.

Michael Budalich
Feb 13, 2014
Genetec
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions