Subscriber Discussion

Avigilon Stops Support For Videoiq App - What To Do?

GN
Greg Nuckles
Apr 24, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Avigilon announced they were not supporting Video IQ app after March 31, 2018.  However, until today our customers still had access.  Has anyone else lost access to this app?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Apr 24, 2018

Wow... I didn’t even know VideoIQ had a mobile app.  Was it a hosted product?

GN
Greg Nuckles
Apr 24, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Yes, and it was great.  Almost immediate notification of a breach on your phone.  Here is the link:

https://view.myvideoiq.com/Account/Login?ReturnUrl=%2f

(1)
(1)
JH
John Honovich
Apr 26, 2018
IPVM

Avigilon's response:

The “Avigilon Blue Preview”, formerly known as “VideoIQ CloudView” has been discontinued and replaced with the now available Avigilon Blue platform.

Access to the “Avigilon Blue Preview/VideoIQ CloudView” should not be expected going forward. 

It should also be noted that the new Avigilon Blue platform is a subscription-based service and is not an extension or continuation of the existing Blue Preview.

Users interested in the new Avigilon Blue platform can contact their local Avigilon sales representative or email asksales@avigilon.com to learn more.

I asked them a follow-up about the ability to continue to use existing VideoIQ devices and will add if or when I get any information confirming that.

(1)
GN
Greg Nuckles
Apr 30, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Thanks John.  I've noticed that the phone app still gives notifications, but you can't access the clips and when you try accessing the web portal it returns account disabled.  We've moved users over to email notifications to still have some value.  I'm surprised there hasn't been more backlash from disappointed Avigilon customers.

JH
John Honovich
Apr 30, 2018
IPVM

I'm surprised there hasn't been more backlash from disappointed Avigilon customers.

There could be, they may have just not read this discussion. I can certainly see why it's a problem especially given the hardware / cameras are still working.

JH
John Honovich
May 05, 2018
IPVM

Avigilon confirmed that VideoIQ devices will need to add an Avigilon Blue Connect device on site as it’s a completely different platform.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions