Subscriber Discussion

Vandal Resistant IR Illuminators For Correctional Facility

Ari Erenthal
Aug 29, 2016
Chesapeake & Midlantic

Any ideas? Something hardened that can be semi-flushed and difficult to occlude or pull down would be ideal. They want a PTZ with built in IR illuminators but the room is small enough that I'm thinking a 360 camera instead, like the Arecont SurroundVideo Omni G2- if I can add on the IR somewhere else. Thanks. 

U
Undisclosed #1
Aug 29, 2016
IPVMU Certified

"...the room is small enough..."

How small? If it's 20x20, you might consider this wall plate style Illuminator, (and using 2 to get full coverage.)

You need to check what the sensitivity is of the camera to 940mm IR, which as you know is completely invisible. If you can't see a glow, they may never know.

Ari Erenthal
Aug 29, 2016
Chesapeake & Midlantic

Awesome, thanks. I didn't consider discretion instead of hardening. I might try the Axton NANO, it comes in 850nm.

Gianni Viero
Aug 29, 2016
Videotec

Hello Ari

We do offer IK10 rated IR illuminators. They are available in 940nM or 850nM with different beams patterns.

I hope this helps.

Ari Erenthal
Aug 29, 2016
Chesapeake & Midlantic

Thanks, Gianni, but I'd rather not use anything on a bracket in this application. The ceilings are too low and someone is going to grab it and pull sooner or later.

MB
Matt Bischof
Aug 29, 2016

[Note: Poster is from Dahua]

What about a fisheye camera with built-in IR?

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/en/us/pro_details.php?pid=1017

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/en/us/pro_details.php?pid=1018

(1)
Ari Erenthal
Aug 30, 2016
Chesapeake & Midlantic

Matt,

What third party VMSes can I use these with?

MB
Matt Bischof
Aug 30, 2016

Genetec, Milestone, Avigilon, Axxon, Exacq, IndigoVision, DW, and more I can't think of off the top of my head...

Ari Erenthal
Aug 30, 2016
Chesapeake & Midlantic

It's not listed on Milestone's compatibility list. Is the list outdated?

MB
Matt Bischof
Aug 30, 2016

I dug into this a little deeper, turns out we don't have tested compatibility (yet) on our fisheye cameras with Milestone.

MB
Matt Bischof
Aug 30, 2016

Doesn't mean it isn't compatible, merely that compatibility hasn't been formally confirmed.

(2)
Ari Erenthal
Aug 30, 2016
Chesapeake & Midlantic

True.

JH
John Honovich
Aug 30, 2016
IPVM

Doesn't mean it isn't compatible, merely that compatibility hasn't been formally confirmed.

At IPVM, compatibility means formally confirmed on the relevant list (ONVIF conformance directory, VMS integration list, etc.). Otherwise, it encourages a circus where any camera manufacturer can say anything (Longse is conformant with Genetec, etc.).

(1)
GP
Glenn Patrizio
Aug 29, 2016

Iluminar has the bracket that iluminates 360 degrees for the Omni.

Jon Dillabaugh
Aug 31, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

I was going to say "Why not the Dahua or Hik 12MP fisheye?", but Matt beat me to it.

(1)
MB
Matt Bischof
Aug 31, 2016

Strangely, I struggled with the idea of promoting the HIK option, but was all over promoting the Dahua products.

(3)
Jon Dillabaugh
Aug 31, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

I have been a Dahua cheerleader for years. Slowly drifting away due to better performance from Hik lately. Also, Hik has been much more aggressive pricing wise, to the point it is close to the same cost to me. Thirdly, all of my Dahua OEM dealers have jumped ship to Hik OEM or Uniview. Dahua seems like it is dying.

NOTICE: This comment has been moved to its own discussion: Dahua Cheerleader Drifting Away To Hikvision

(1)
MB
Matt Bischof
Aug 31, 2016

I assure you, the case is quite the opposite, which is rather apparent when considering our impending new product launches. If you would like to speak at length by phone about any of these developments, or if you would like to cite grievances with me directly, please feel free to contact me at your leisure.

U
Undisclosed #1
Aug 31, 2016
IPVMU Certified

"Strangely, I struggled with the idea of promoting the HIK option..."

(2)
MB
Matt Bischof
Aug 31, 2016

[Note: Poster is from Dahua]

Although that film looks and reads like it would be delightful.

RV
Radu Vadeanu
Aug 31, 2016

H4 Fisheye Camera Line

http://avigilon.com/products/video-surveillance/cameras/h4-fisheye-cameras/h4-fisheye-camera-line/

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions