Subscriber Discussion

Upgraded Hikvision NVR, Now I Can't Login

U
Undisclosed #1
Oct 27, 2016

I just updated a Hikvision DS-7604NI-E1/4P to firmware 3.4.90_161008 and after it rebooted, it no longer lets me log in using the same username and password I was using two minutes earlier when I updated it.

I've tried via the web interface as well as the local interface and it's the same both places. Has this happened to anybody else?

U
Undisclosed #2
Oct 27, 2016

This happened to me before. It was something to do with the new password system they introduced last year.

Just contact HIK tech support with your NVR serial number and ask for a password reset. It will be the quickest way to fix the problem

(1)
JM
John McNally
Oct 27, 2016

You can easily find a Hikvision password reset tool if you search the internet

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Oct 28, 2016

I am having a related issue this week with a hik nvr that will let me log in locally but not via the app on my phone or ipad. It is giving me a password error 1/3rd of the time, error 152 or other 1/3rd of the time, and connection failure 1/3rd of the time.

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #4
Oct 28, 2016

I had this issue before and you may need to do a factory reset on the unit - the admin password still works in SADP or other Hikvision software, but the admin user name gets messed up.

I found this out the hard way twice with the upgrade to 3.3.6 and 3.4.0 on the NVRs and numerous times on the cameras.

I think they fixed the issue on newer firmware revisions, but I cannot say for sure. One more thing to note, the password reset does not work if your NVR did the same thing as mine. I spent hours on the phone with tech support and we could not get it to work.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Oct 28, 2016

But how do you reset it if you can't log in??? Where's the reset button?

UI
Oct 28, 2016

What's the model of your NVR? I honestly cannot remember what I did at this point, it's been a few months.

UI
Oct 28, 2016

Wow, my apologies - model is located right in the original post.

What I did was plug the NVR in to a monitor, and logged in locally. The user name was screwed up, but the admin password worked just fine.

Not sure if this is the same issue you are having or not.

U
Undisclosed #1
Oct 28, 2016

What #4 said was right. After an hour on hold with tech support and multiple tries getting codes from them and online generators, a tech sent an xml file which reset the local account password.

But logging in, all the usernames were gibberish, and the user list was totally full. I factory defaulted it from there and crossed my fingers and it came back up inactive in SADP and is working fine now.

For what it's worth, the tech support rep I talked to said that none of the codes tech support had sent would work. Literally, "Oh there's no way that'll work."

(1)
RO
Ryan O'Daniel
Oct 31, 2016
IPVMU Certified

You need to use the TFTP program to restore the correct version of firmware on your unit. What most likely happened is an "International" firmware was installed on a USA product or vice versa. You can find the TFTP program on the majority of all Hikvisions sites/resources or simply do a quick google search.

RO
Ryan O'Daniel
Oct 31, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Glad to hear you got it working with a default though.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions