Upcoming Intrusion Tests In 2017

Brian Rhodes
Mar 01, 2017
IPVMU Certified

As we progress into deeper intrusion testing and coverage, here's a preview of tests we have in the queue:

On the test bench you may recognize:

• DMP XR150 & wireless modules
  • Interlogix NX-8E 
  • Bosch G-Series (B8512G)
  • 2Gig GC2
  • Napco Gemini
  • Bosch B-Series
  • Dragonfly (not shown)
  • Simplisafe Cameras (also not shown)

Plus we have services queued up:

• Alarm.com
  • ADT Pulse

This is a continuation of the systems and devices we have already evaluated, including:

Member feedback plays a big role in the systems and products we test.  So what is missing, and what do you recommend we add to the schedule?

JE
Jim Elder
Mar 02, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Brian. Very good service.   I am particularly interested in the integration with other systems (Honeywell, Genetec, Software House, DSX, Continuum among others). Couple of other things include UL listings, modularity, cellular and IP communications.  

Also, a comparison chart would also be great. As a specifier, I don't have an allegiance to any one manufacturer and look more for the feature sets than cost (typically, i don't use that many in a single project). 

(1)
Brian Rhodes
Mar 02, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Thanks Jim

modularity,

Just so this is understood, are you curious about how hardware expands with factory furnished accessory boards, or something else?

JE
Jim Elder
Mar 02, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Yes. You are exactly right.  Another issue is wireless. I would hope you would go deeper than just whether or not wireless sensors are included-- how are they supervised?  Low battery and communicating with the panel once every 24 hours is not supervision. Back in the day,  FCC limited you to one transmission; so if you left your door open during the day, you could not tell zone status. I want to believe that wireless has come a long way since then. 

Another issue is wireless. I would hope you would go deeper than just whether or not wireless sensors are included-- how are they supervised?  Low battery and communicating with the panel once every 24 hours is not supervision. Back in the day,  FCC limited you to one transmission; so if you left your door open during the day, you could not tell zone status back at the panel; or if the bad guy opened a door and for whatever reason,  the panel did not pick up the single transmission, the alarm was missed. I want to believe that wireless has come a long way since then. Battery life is also an issue.  

Finally, relay outputs, siren drivers, arm/disarm, light controls, IoT  and video integration,  and smartphone connectivity/use are a few other things that I am personally interested.  Lots of things to look into, no?

(2)
JH
Jay Hobdy
Mar 02, 2017
IPVMU Certified

any plans on an intrusion course?

JH
John Honovich
Mar 02, 2017
IPVM

Yes, an intrusion course is planned for this fall. We are working now on writing the book / curriculum for the course.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions